Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...

Hello there. It's Wednesday, so it must be Works for Me Wednesday, hosted by Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. It was challenging to pick just one domestic tip for today, because you see I have so many. (My mom might be rolling on the floor laughing right now.) I toyed with telling you all my secret tip for cleaning the kitchen floor. Oh- what the hay, I'll tell you anyway. Take one cute baby who is not quite crawling and dress him/her in a fleece snuggle suit. Place on crumb filled kitchen floor and let the baby go crazy. It's like a Swiffer Sweeper, only cuter. And the big chunks that don't stick to the suit? Those are picked up by the always roving hands. It's tricky, you have to intercept those pieces before they make it to the mouth. And you can't use the crawling kind of baby for this tip. Once the tummy is off of the floor, there's not enough surface area to be truly effective. (I can almost hear people calling child services....)
So, my second tip is for cleaning bathrooms. I hate it. I just can't get excited about scrubbing toilets, sinks and floors. So, we have a party. The knowledge that 35 people are going to show up and drink lots of liquids and then...then they are going to want to pee... that's enough to make me scrub toilets at 7:30 AM. It motivates me. This is a shot of our bathroom. We just had a party this weekend, but it's already dirty enough I didn't feel comfortable sharing it with all of you. Not that we're not great friends... I mean, I like you and all....

Moving on... trust me when I say this painting is in our bathroom. And that bathroom? It looked great this weekend. But now it's Wednesday.... so, this is all I'll show you. Have a great Wednesday!

5 comments:

CC said...

I LOVE that 1st idea!!!!! Awesome!!! Too bad my kids are all walkers now. But I've heard of parents putting pads (yes, that kind) on kids feet and letting them skate all over teh floors :)

Mom2fur said...

If you glue some Velcro strips to the snuggle suit, you'll pick up even more junk.
(My kids range from 17-25. Sorry, CPS--too late!)
I don't like cleaning the bathroom, either. But I find it makes all the difference if you just clean out the sink and rub the toothpaste spit off the faucet!

mzzterry said...

My kids are in their twenty's~ you think this would work with them!!
Thanks for the laugh!

Whirled said...

That is exactly how I get dog hair off the sofa! Fleecy footie jammies on a toddler...the only way to go!

Gretchen said...

I believe in Soft Scrub for the bathroom...works well. Hey, maybe if you posted my blog to your fans, I would be inclined to write more???? Shameless, I know. Kiss kiss XOXO Gret