Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...

Hello and a happy Wednesday to you! So, for longer than I care to think about we put Atlee's and Shea's books on a bookshelf. Atlee loves to read. Atlee would look for a specific book and pull out half the books from the shelf in her quest. The discarded books would lie (lay?) on the floor all discarded until I came along and picked them up. At some point I read this suggestion in a magazine and it has made such a difference. Younger kids have trouble putting books back on a bookshelf. It's a coordination thing. The smart mommy will instead offer them a box for books. Now when she is done with a book, she actually puts it back in the box. (OK, OK, it's a fifty-fifty shot, but it's better than the odds I had going before.) Not having a giant pile of discarded books on the floor so works for me. Regular readers (ummm...Judi, I mean you) who are not here from Shannon's Rocks in My Dryer should head over there for other handy ideas.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Great idea...we fight the battle of the books on a daily basis! I think I will try this!

Heart of Wisdom said...

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing..
You have been tagged for the "What’s On Your Refrigerator?" meme. It is a Meme and a contest! I'll be giving away two free books. Read all about it at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

Melissa said...

Great idea, I never thought of this! Here through Rocks in my Dryer. I like your blog!

CC said...

Love it! We do this with all our library books (to keep them seperate), but good idea to do for everything.

Anonymous said...

I love it - I already have Blake's books in a basket for his..I mean Daddy's easy viewing and selection. Since Blake is almost 7 months old and doesn't read on his own, I don't have this concern - yet. I yern for a play room for Blake so I don't have his toys under foot all the time. *SIGH* Day dreaming is great and it'd be better if some of it came true.

Kara said...

This is a good idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm goint to try the meatballs in the oven next time, that is a good shortcut!

CC said...

I forgot to mention that we have the "How I became a Pirate" book at home (I see it in your pic) and love it :)