Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pictures From The Road

So, we're finally home. We had a great time visiting New York and New Hampshire. We also had a great time coming home to a place that wasn't below zero with snow all over the place and blasting cold wind. Thank you again wonderful husband for moving us out of the frozen Arctic Tundra. On to the pictures!


Let's start with sweet Atlee waking up Christmas morning and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she came down the stairs at Grandma and Grandpa's house. What's that? The observant amongst you are wondering about what's in that green stocking?


Oh- that would be known as sweet revenge. See, twenty-five years ago or so, I woke up Christmas morning and found my stocking full of ashes from the woodstove. Oh how I howled. I howled as only an eight year old child that's found a stocking full of ashes can howl on Christmas morning. That's a different sort of howling than my two responsible brothers were doing. They were howling with laughter at my reaction as they rolled around on the floor. This year my big brother, John, decided that Santa made a value judgment on my big brother, Michael-one of the guilty brothers, and gave him a stocking full of coal. What a sweet Christmas Present revenge can be.


After Christmas, we moseyed on over to New Hampshire to spend the New Year with Rich's family. My sister-in-law, Bev, made doughboys one morning. Doughboys are fried bread dough. Fried bread dough is good. Fried bread dough is even better when served with bacon. My brother-in-law, Gene, provided the bacon. Mmmmmm, bacon.

Meanwhile, Rich and Atlee created an army with the Littlest Pet Shop characters. They were all marching to an army cadence and ready to take over the world.

This is just a sweet shot of my sister-in-law, Mary, holding Greeley.

And that would be all the pictures I took over our vacation. Perhaps the New Year's Resolution should be to take the pretty camera Uncle Michael purchased me OUT of the diaper bag on occasion.

1 comment:

Phill said...

WHat?! More Pictures!! More pictures!

Heck, I don't care if you DRAW them!