Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...


Another Works for Me Wednesday, hosted by Rocks In My Dryer...and what works for me involves chicken and the freezer. When we purchase the super large packages of chicken, we split it into smaller packages for freezing. Then, we also put some sort of marinade into the freezer bag with the chicken. When we take the chicken out of the freezer to thaw, it already has the marinade in the bag. It slowly thaws in the fridge...in the marinade. We use this a lot in the summer when we are grilling. Just a small way to save some time.

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

This is a wonderful idea! It also works nicely with steak. The meat comes out so tender this way--think of all the time it's marinating while it's freezing, and then thawing! Hours! And isn't it nice when something is already prepped for you when you go to cook it. I try to brown, marinate or trim and cut my meat when I bring it home--so much easier!

Tracey@Aloha Monkeys said...

This is awesome. I've been to "Dream Dinners" a couple of times to assemble meals in a similar way. Now I'm trying to come up with my own recipes to throw in the freezer for future use...in theory it's a good idea, but I'm not so innovative in the kitchen. I'm thinking of subscribing to a meal plan at savingdinner.com.