Friday, January 18, 2008

Work, Work, Work...

Those of you looking for the Name That Offspring Poll (because you SHOULD be looking for it) may need to scroll down a bit. Here I offer a record of how I spend my days...it feels like I did nothing and yet yesterday, I...


















I made homemade soup, which made me feel oh so domestic. The soup was just OK, which underscores why folks buy soup in a can. I also changed Acorn's bedding. OK, so Atlee helped some. But the big time consumer was....


Brushing Atlee's hair.













This is what I started with.












First, I have to lure her into the bathtub. For bait, I used Greeley's new Christmas toy, the muddy little pigs. Greeley didn't seem to mind sharing. Well, OK so she didn't know about it.











Then we watched some Atlee movies while I brushed her hair for over one hour. It seemed like eternity. It will look this nice for perhaps fifteen minutes this morning. If we show up to a function for friends or family, and Atlee's hair looks like this... please know it is a sign of how much we love you. Or fear your judgment... whichever.



















This is a bonus shot of Shea not playing his Gameboy. It's like getting a picture of some rare underwater critter tap dancing while riding an elephant. You just don't see it that often.



























3 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

Oooh, the hair was definitely a task I bet. Only boys at my house, but I remember my own mom getting the knots out of my hair. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful hair...(sigh).

Anonymous said...

Wearing a snorkel mask while you work is fun too. Thanks for your recent comment on my site. I think you did a great job braiding your daughter's hair. I wish I could do that but it's kind of an arts and crafts thing so it never works out for me. Have a wonderful weekend!