Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...

Hello there all you wonderful Works for Me Wednesday folks. I know you're here from Rocks in My Dryer. Well, except for like three of you. Anyhoo, my tip this week is about saying Grace before dinner. I generally don't discuss religion or politics around here. However, I will make an exception to tell you about how we say grace. Before dinner, we go around the table and each family member says what they are thankful for that day. It makes us and the kids think about how fortunate we are in our daily lives. It works better than a stock grace for us because it's nice to hear what's important to our kids. Atlee, for example, is frequently thankful that the sun didn't explode. She's also thankful for flowers and her big brother and little sister. So, that's what's working for us. What are you thankful for? Leave a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that the sun came out today so we can go watch the Blue Angels at the Naval Academy.

Great WFMW, it is so important to teach our little ones to thank God for the blessings in our day. My son often thanks God for the sunset.

Anonymous said...

(First - GOOOO Navy - Beat Army!!)

Sorry, that was for my sister and brother-in-law - both Annapolis Alum.

I am thankful for my son, my husband and we're healthy, happy - and I'm also happy there's gas in my car.

Anonymous said...

Are those flowers on your table?
Fancy!!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that my kids are sleeping peacefully ;)

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for always having visits with my nieces to look forward to.