Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...

Hello, hello Works For Me Wednesday Folks. So, last night we went down to DC to have dinner with my husband's family. It's about an hour and a half away, so not a terrible drive. However, we got on the road to go home right around bed time. That was when I remembered what my husband's cousin does, and wished I had done it too. When she knows she will be putting the kids in the car for a road trip at bedtime, she brings their pajamas with her. Before they go, she changes them into their PJ's. That way, when they all get home, she just has to unload them into bed. Oh how I wish I had thought of it last night. You could even get all crazy and bring toothbrushes or any nighttime medicine. This is what will be working for me in the future. Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for other ideas. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVELY idea! Better idea - leave the kids with hubby's family for the night and drive home...get this - alone!! Alone in the car, alone once home. Could you imagine that? You'd probably be bored but it'd be fun to pretend to have no children for one night.

Gettysburg Mom said...

I offered to leave a few kids behind, but my s-i-l threatened to send us home with the fluffy white dogs...

Michelle@Life with Three said...

This is smart -- anything to avoid a long, drawn out bedtime routine with overtired kids! Thanks for sharing!

Edi said...

Yes - great idea...you can also throw in a blanket for longer drives and or if it's especially cold.

I love it when they fall asleep in the car!

Melanie said...

We did this all the time--and the drive back from my in-laws was only 30 minutes! But it worked so well!

Nicole D. Johns said...

We have been doing this with my son since he's been born. It makes everything that much easier once you get home.