Saturday, December 20, 2008

Because I Didn't Send Out Christmas Cards This Year...

I'm sorry, but it's true. It just didn't happen this year. I could try to bluff you a thousand ways as to why I didn't do it (I've decided to become greener and it seemed like a waste of paper...), but it just didn't happen this year. Please don't think it reflects on how much I love you all.

If I had, this would have been the picture inside...

We've been having all sorts of Christmas like fun though.

We went to see Santa. We even had breakfast with Santa. My kids seemed to be more excited about the all you can eat bacon aspect. Atlee has a sort of knowing smile here because she knows Santa is our close friend, Uncle Ricky.


I walked into Atlee's room the other night and saw this.

I was kind of hoping my little princess wouldn't pass out with a beer bottle on her headboard until she was sixteen. It turns out she was writing a message and trying to put it in a bottle- or at least that was her cover story.

This is just a random shot of Greeley with the Santa Bear.

We're getting ready to roll out of Gettysburg for Upstate New York on Tuesday. Greeley's driving the first shift.

Have a great Christmas!

8 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I didn't mention the best part of the Santa breakfast... as Atlee was leaving the Santa area she could be heard to say, "This is awesome! I got a candy cane AND a book!!!!"

Phill said...

Oh ... you lucky travelers. I'm stuck here in New York Stupid City. If you head out Paul Smith's way, say hello to my ugly house. Speedy knows which one. Alas, gotta stay put. No matter. In February, I can pretend we *need* to go up so I can meet with contractors or look at RVs or some such nonsense. (Ha!) Yell hello across the Jersey Palisades as you pass the city!

The beer bottle picture is a classic.

King of New York Hacks said...

YOu tell Santa you want a rolling rock, you get one.

Anonymous said...

awww - this is such a special time of the year for the kids, both big and small. My little man is scared of Santa! Actually, any person with full facial hair. At least Atlee only had one beer, that you know of. She didn't hid it from you either.

CM - forgot to inform you of our snowfall. Where I live, we got 14 inches of fluff! The trees are heavy. I shall get pics and post on my blog.

GM - you're going to be SOOO close to here. Well, 2 hours. You're only going as far north as Glen's Falls?

Anonymous said...

Okay, first let me say the pics were very cute. Beautiful kids. I laughed outloud at the princess sleeping with the bottle of beer on the headboard. O-M-G that was so funny I had little tears! lol.

Now THAT? THAT would have been a funny Christmas card! LOL. That was wonderful!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You should send the Atlee photo out as a late picture card. Something like "Sorry we weren't able to send you a Xmas card, but we were partying too hard..."

Vodka Mom said...

I am LOL right now about the picture with the beer bottle!!! THAT should've been the Christmas Card shot. It was THE money shot...


hahahahaha. loved it.

Anonymous said...

I can totally sympathize. I haven't send Christmas cards in probably decades. I'm just too disorganized. I don't even have my DD's gift yet!!! What day is this?

I love getting cards, though. Just shows you how selfish I am! LOL.

I love the beer bottle shot. The Snow White dress (did I get the right princess?) just sets the right tone. That's a picture for an embarrassing collage later on in life - for sure.

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas.