Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mountain House Floor

Creative title, eh? The floor is stained at long last. It still needs a coat of poly.

I don't know if you can truly appreciate this floor without knowing what the before floor was. It was four layers of flooring saturated in pit bull pee. Vivid sensory experience, no? It looked kind of like an archaeological dig when Rich tore up the floor. Layer after layer of icky flooring. Culminating in rotten subfloor. Woo Hoo!

Yeah, this is better.

The landscaping efforts outside have begun.

We're not foolish enough to think we can make the entire two acres look tamed. We'll settle for the garden along the side of the house.

I feel like I understand our ancestors that hacked home sites out of the wilderness a bit better now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful floor!!! Can I order one for my house? Or trade? My floor has poly but it's just the sub-floor with poly. Not pretty nor shiny.

Sue, how do you manage to landscape with kids? I need a lesson...or 8 !!!! (not 8 kids, 8 lessons :)

Phill said...

That floor is awesome! The outside is looking mighty good too! Ain't it nice to have a project?! (That's a loaded question.) I feel for you with the landscaping - we cleared a good deal at the beginning of the Summer ... not one of my favorite things.

Gettysburg Mom said...

Ummmm... Judi? If I was any good at landscaping with children the house would be on the market by now...