Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gettysburg Family on Vacation, Again...

I do enjoy vacations. Lots and lots and lots of fun. And with my brandy-new camera, I have lots and lots and lots of pictures. I won't overwhelm you with all of the photos at once. So, if you haven't heard, we went to Upstate New York to visit friends and family. We packed a lot into the week. The following photos are all from our visit with Janna and Gretchen and their families. For any of you who don't know, Janna and Gretchen have been my bestest friends since we were in the third grade.

Let's start with a picture of kittens, shall we? I mean, Atlee and kittens. What's the cute factor on that? Gret's neighbor had kittens. While Atlee enjoyed playing with them, we managed to escape the visit without taking home a kitten. That's willpower.


Here's Gretchen. And me.

Here's Janna. And me.
Did I mention they're identical twins? Beautiful, blond identical twins. A little tough on the self-esteem in the teenage years. Funny thing about those teen years, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I bet if I asked them, they'd say it was tough to have a gorgeous brunette Amazon as a friend. Right? Gret- Janna- right? Oh, never mind...

Greeley had fun, too.

There's been some concern expressed over Shea. He's still part of our family... it's just that he's frequently in front of a screen. Not so exciting for pictures. See? He and Gret's son, Gabe, immediately bonded over the computer.


Did I mention the kittens? Atlee said it was her absolutely favorite part of the whole week. I had to frisk her as we got into the van to leave. I was pretty sure she'd try to smuggle one home.


More vacation pictures to come... I know, I know... it's kind of like looking at your cousin's slide show. Too bad. I have lots more vacation pictures to share.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!! Oh, I missed you so! I mean, how many times can I revisit your blog to see the same 'ol cute pics of Greeley - just how many times??

Glad you had a fantastic time! And hopefully it didn't rain every day like it's been doing up here in the ADK's. Mother Nature; what gives - rain EVERY day?!? Enough already!

Phill said...

Glad you're having an awesome vacation(s) Summer! No worries not meeting up - Of course, we planned to work on the cabin one day ... and ended up working on it for all three. Great pics!! Glad you're back, and btw - did you get to check out that AWESOME Adirondack Storm last weekend?!!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Hello Speedy and Mouse- We did encounter the neverending rain last week. Saturday night we were at my sister's house & the pack of kids all wanted to go swimming in the pool- but couldn't due to the nonstop lightning. It was a particularly fierce storm...

Gretchen said...

I miss you already!! I had such a great time - chatting with you (and margaritas!), taking a walk with Atlee, watching Gabe introduce Runescape to Shea on the computer, finally getting Greeley to not run screaming from me, and watching Rich enjoy his first IPOD shuffle day with my song collection that got his blessing. My turn to visit you....I promise! Love you! Gret

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) Looks like my post from today! :)

Anonymous said...

First photo: nice boy boob peeking over the edge.

Greeley photo: TEEF! She actually looks a little like Christina Hawkins in that photo, I think.

2nd Atlee with kitten photo: Was this right after she smoked up and before she went on to play a great set with the Allman Brothers?

Anonymous said...

It's also especially fitting that the title "The Cat Who Sniffed Glue" is just opposite that photo. Looks like the both did. :) hee

How come only the Greeley pictures click through to the huge version? Is that on purpose or is my computer blocking me somehow?

Whirled said...

Even though you didn't show much of good old upstate scenery, just the thought made me horribly homesick! (New York kittens..sigh)Of course, I think you are so lucky to be in PA...true torture is being stuck in KS!