Friday, July 8, 2011

A Stitch In Time with Uncle Michael

Day Two of my visit:

Today was Atlee's Field Day. Unfortunately, I got up too late and missed it. Did MOMMY take pictures? I'll bet you two to one she did not. After Atlee got home, she visited the neighbors, who had set up a pool for their little guy. The Riordans did not mind joining in.

For instance, this little fella plunged in like the place was his.

"What's that you say? It's not actually mine? Balderdash!"

This is the "Come closer, Uncle Michael. I'm not going to squirt you. I swear!" face.

Gree was also there to enjoy the festivities.

Em has a vehicle almost exactly like this one but he really likes the neighbor's. So much so, in fact, that he has a habit of shoving the poor kid out of it and taking it away from him.

This is Atlee chasing Greeley with a pitcher full of water. This triggered my "justice gene" which led to the following events.

First Emmy got drenched. The poor guy is just an innocent bystander and guinea pig.

Then I went after my main target, big sister. If you will observe in the following two pictures, her shirt is a much darker shade of orange than it was because I drenched her. (Actual drenching action to be seen on video at end of post.)


Atlee did get Greeley, which is why she changed into this outfit. I'm not sure if she's happy or sad here; I might have thrown water on her in outfit #2 and she was upset about it.

Uncle Travi stopped by again, this time with his brother Adam. They were going to help Rich with the boat and try to take the old one.

What's everybody lookin' at? Well, there's a baby in the car!

Rich yukkin' it up with the boys.

You can't tell from this picture but this was a very menacing sky (ominous, Gree might say) that seemed to be moving toward us rapidly as we ate dinner on the porch. There was a tornado watch in effect for about four hours which is what led to Atlee, Greeley and I going into the crawlspace under the stairs for a while. There are no pictures of this.

When I was having trouble bending over to fit my bulk through the 4x4 hole to the crawlspace, Altee and Greeley started chanting "You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!"

While we were in the crawlspace they both had many questions about what might happen and where everyone else was. (Mommy and Daddy checked the news, saw the alert had been called off and went and laid in bed to watch TV. Thanks for lettin' us know, guys!! Shea played Wii through the entire event.)

At one point Atlee said: "Let's do a drill. Greeley, you curl up by my feet." "I don't know how to curl!" Greeley protested. So Altee had her lay down and then instructed her on how to curl herself around Atlee's feet. (She wanted me to lay down to but I wasn't havin' it. I was already sweating buckets just being in that little hotbox. And I am not particularly flexible and there wasn't a lot of space in there.)

Finally I found out from Rich and Sue the warning had been called off and Atlee, Greeley, Emerson and I went out and walked around and played in the puddles.








Hey, there's a frog on the porch! Oh no wait, that's just Emmy.

Hey! Who's lookin' at mah belly?!?

Greeley grins because she knows it is her.



1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I LOVE his shirt. That is SO perfect...