Sunday, January 1, 2012

UMP: Yo Gabba Riordans!

Yo Gabba Gabba Theme Song

Recently I've been watching a couple of Yo Gabba Gabba episodes because Emmy likes them. ("Yoga!", he says.) One of the great things about Yo Gabba Gabba is the music. The show was created by an indie musician and one of the recurring stars is Mark Mothersbaugh, one of the founding members of Devo.

Recently I've been singing the theme song and making up my own words to go with the family. Sometimes they're kind of mean or they're related to my personal experiences with the family. But I've made up one that I think applies to the whole family (kids, anyway) perfectly. Watch the video at the link above and learn the tune and then apply it to these words.

"Shea-man! He's on his DS!"

"Atlee! She makes up puzzles!"

"Greeley! She has those tantrums!"*

"Emmy! He's a bulldozer!"

"Wilson! A magic sausage!"

I was going to provide pictures to go with each line but my pictures aren't on here and I don't know where relevant pictures would be on Susan's computer. Still: the song is fun.

*It would be mean, but it's based on too much fact.

1 comment:

Uncle Michael in DC said...

Walking around the block tonight with Atlee, I sang my personal lyric about her and she took it up and then make up her own about most of the others. Her version went like this:

"She-man! He does eat much!

Atlee! She'll steal your money!

Greeley! She always whi-ines!

Emmy! He'll pull your hai-air!

Mommy! She'll do your laundry!

Daddy! He has big muscles!

Wilson! He's a big sausage!

Corwin! He'll try to scratch you!

Zoe! She has big snarls!

Uncle Michael! He'll try to tickle you!"