Friday, June 11, 2010

Before they get lost in the computer...

So, last weekend Amy invited us over to her house. She was planning a BBQ for the kids. Then she added activities. Then she added activities with water. Even though she had warned me, I still failed to bring dry clothes for Shea. So our friend, Ettienne (it's French for Stephen...), agreed to hang out with Emerson while I ran the few blocks home for Shea clothes and the camera.

Which is a long explanation of why I have no pictures of the awesome water balloon fight or the sling-shot painting of place mats, but I do have a picture of me alone in the van with no kids!

Look at all those empty car seats. Weird.


Et and Emerson were just fine when I got back.


All of that frolicking knocked Greeley out cold. In the midst of the chaos on the floor, out cold.


The rest of the herd moved on without her.

We've quite successfully kicked off the summer season.

(Uncle Michael sent me an email with blog posts all written, I just have to plug in the photos. I'll try to get them up this weekend.)

6 comments:

michael in dc said...

I don't know what the temperature was (it was humid here) but is your daughter wearing long pants again? What is the DEAL??

code word: exitell

Anonymous said...

OMG - you were alone? In the car? Amazing!!

I love the pic of Greeley!! Resembles my little man last night.

I can't wait to see more pics!

How's the dining room flooring going?

Anonymous said...

In an empty car? Scandalous! :)

sheila said...

FUN! I just love it when kids just crash out anywhere at any time, lol

sheila said...

p.s. wonderfully empty carseat pic!

Liza said...

I love the places that kids fall asleep in! And on the hardwood, at that!