Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...

So, another Works for Me Wednesday, by Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer ....


When your guests have had one too many cocktails, it's nice to be able to offer a bed. But what about when the guest room is already taken? Ah.... the air mattress on the pull-out couch in the family room. But, hey- where's the air mattress? Or compressor? Do we have sheets? This is my laundry hamper of air mattress goodies. It holds the air mattress and compressor, as well as a plastic bag of sheets and blankets. No more hunting around for the compressor or sheets. You could use a much more attractive basket, but this one was free.... that makes it very attractive to me. I even put a dryer sheet in the blanket bag to keep the bedding smelling oh so mountainy air fresh. It works for me.

5 comments:

FrazzMom said...

Great idea! I have had the same issue with finding the mattress but not the pump... I have a couple extra large, clear bins with lids. Thanks for the idea!

Barbara said...

Good idea. I leave our air mattress inflated - we have guests often and we have the space - but it would be good to keep the sheets, blankets and pillows together and safe from our cats. An ordinary pile would just be the new best place to sleep.

Tracey@Aloha Monkeys said...

That IS a great idea. We used to have an Aerobed, but I don't think they were meant for long term use, the air kept leaking out, so we got rid of it. We don't really have sleep over guests, but I always jokingly say, "Don't forget your sleeping bags".

Thia said...

Good idea.
As for peeing with the door closed, that IS a simple pleasure that so many people in this world just don't appreciate. I would say I couldn't remember the last time, but this pregnancy already has me peeing 3 or 4 times a night and since the kids are sleeping, I get to close the door.

Anonymous said...

perfect idea, Sue!! We don't tend to have too many guest over due to our shoe-box size apt. I love looking at your wednesday postings. Thanx - Judi