Monday, June 1, 2009

Cape May Vacation Rental


Did you hear we went to Cape May this weekend? That picture up there? One of my new favorites.

This one of Shea playing in the sand is also one of my new favorites.

Greeley didn't like the ocean, but she loved the sand. Luckily all this ocean and sand were available one block from the vacation house. The house was located on Stockton Avenue- a super easy walk to the beach. But I've decided the photos on the rental listing don't really do this house justice. It was absolutely beautiful. See for yourself.

A cozy porch for visiting on a warm summer's night. When we arrived in Cape May on Friday, it was just before an incredible thunder storm. Rich and I sat on the porch and enjoyed the lightning show.

The rental web site also doesn't show this tremendous dining room table. Look at how little Greeley looks eating her snack. And we all know she is a big girl, not a little girl. Certainly not a baby.


And now I know what I want my kitchen in Gettysburg to look like. It doesn't though. It probably won't anytime soon. But this kitchen was pretty darned nice. And oh so modern.

Somehow Rich and I were lucky enough to get the bedroom with a whirlpool in the bathroom.

Perhaps it's because the kids' bunk room was right next door.


The kids had their own bathroom. Actually each bedroom had its own bathroom.

This was the wet bar on the third floor. I suppose you wouldn't want to walk all the way down to the kitchen to get a drink some days.

And yes the house was really, really nice. But that's not the best feature. The best feature is by far its location a block from the beach. Or at least that's what Shea and Atlee said.

And believe it or not, this was not a paid promotion. Although I'm open to the possibility. I'm even open to the possibility of reviewing other vacation homes on other beaches. Any vacation home owning readers on Lake Winnipesaukee need a review? Contact me. We'll talk.

7 comments:

Patioboater said...

Great photos! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

Wow - neat house. It's times like this that I am reminded I live in an RV. (Almost.) LOL

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

NICE house! So glad you guys had such a great vacation. And hope you get a vacation spot to review, too. That was awesome...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love the fridge's with the freezer on the bottom - so much smarter after you've had a frozen chunk of meat fall on your foot.

The kids are growing too quickly! It looks like everyone had a great time. Next time you go, please give your nanny (ME) a little more of a head's up so I can work on my abs.

Monique said...

Thanks for the photos. Love them! Of course, it would be nice if you, Susan, handed off the camera on occasion...

I have to say, that picture of Shea on the waves struck me. He looks so long and tall and, well big. Beautiful too.

Glad you guys had fun.

Daclaren said...

Love the photos, and I'm glad you had a great time! I looooove Cape May. We'll have to wait until later in the year to go there, but since I didn't get to go last year, I'm really looking forward to it.

The rental house looks really nice; they need your photos on their site. I agree with speedymac about the refrigerator. That's the kind we want to get (bottom mount French door) when we buy our homestead fridge.

sheila said...

BEAUTIFULL pics! Looks like a relaxing time! That bathroom is AWE-some!